Trapdoor Escape Rooms
- You have 60 minutes to escape from the Room. All the clues you need to solve the puzzles are in the Room; you just need to find them and put them together.
- Our puzzles are designed to be solved using logic, critical (and often lateral) thinking, observation, insight, and communication. In short, brain power!
- Physical power is not required; if you feel brute force might be the solution to a puzzle, you are on the wrong track.
- Many objects in the room are fragile. Handle those that can be picked up with care. If something looks like it might move but seems stuck, it probably is. You won’t need to move it to win the game.
- The Room is equipped with cameras and microphones to monitor safety and track the progress of the participants.
- You can ask for help at any time. Also, in-game hints are provided over the course of your progress.
- Trapdoor does keep group times on a leaderboard. To be eligible for the leaderboard your team must:
- Not leave the Room during the hour of play.
- Not request help, relying only on in-game hints.
- The Room does have an emergency exit, should extraordinary circumstances require it. In the case of a non-emergent need to leave the room (illness, sudden need for departure, requiring the restroom), there is a “Panic Button” by the main door that will unlock it. The clock will not stop.
- Please do not take pictures or make video/audio recordings while in the Room.
- Keep any clues, combinations, and solutions to our puzzles to yourself so that others may enjoy the Room after you.
- Please come to your appointment sober; drugs and alcohol interfere with exactly the sort of cognitive function you need to solve the Room.
- With your consent, Trapdoor Escape Rooms will ask to take a couple pictures of you and your team after the game to post on our website and/or Facebook page.
- Trapdoor Escape Rooms reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove from the Room, any person whose demeanor or actions are deemed to pose a threat to the safety of themselves, other participants, or the Room itself. In this case there will be no refund or other compensation.